Nuggets of Wisdom

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crazy Pastor Prays for Obama’s Death

I’m not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; just of those who profess it:

A Phoenix-area pastor has started to draw protesters to his congregation after he delivered a sermon titled, "Why I Hate Barack Obama," and told his parishioners that he prays for President Obama's death.

Pastor Steven Anderson stood by his sermon in an interview with MyFOXPhoenix, which reports that the pastor continues to encourage his parishioners to join him in praying for the president's death.

"I hope that God strikes Barack Obama with brain cancer so he can die like Ted Kennedy and I hope it happens today," he told MyFOXPhoenix on Sunday. He called his message "spiritual warfare" and said he does not condone killing.

You don’t condone killing? Gee, I guess that’s why you want Obama dead!

In Anderson's controversial sermon, delivered at his Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe before Obama arrived for a speech in Phoenix earlier in the month, the pastor said he wants the president to "melt like a snail" with salt on it.

"I'm gonna pray that he dies and goes to hell when I go to bed tonight. That's what I'm gonna pray," he told his congregation.

I believe a quote from online movie reviewer Confused Matthew best describes this pastor: “I think you’ve mistaken God for Don Corleone!”

Seriously, I don’t like Obama, but I don’t agree with this pastor either. I believe it was irresponsible of him to abuse his position by preaching hatred toward Obama and telling his congregation to pray for Obama’s death.

I give this pastor credit, though: at least he’s not as crazy as Fred Phelps.

Don’t like my opinion? Don’t blame me. Blame the 1st!