Hello. This quiz is for conservatives. If you are a liberal, click here.
Warning: Do not read this list if you do not wish to have your political beliefs challenged. Click here to go to Fox News. Otherwise, feel free to continue.
Consider the questions carefully and make sure to take time to read the articles linked and watch the videos featured.
1) If Republicans are for limited government, why hasn’t one Republican president reduced the size of the federal government?
2) Is it considered limited government when our military spending, at nearly $700 billion, exceeds that of the next 17 countries combined?
3) How about when our navy is larger than the 13 largest navies combined?
4) Why does our country need 737 military bases across the globe?
5) Which is more likely to reduce the national debt and deficit: cutting defense spending (which makes up 20% of the federal budget), or cutting funding to Planned Parenthood, NPR, and the NEA (which combined make up a fraction of a percent)?
6) Who has the Constitutional authority to declare war: the President, or Congress?
7) Who declared war on Iraq: the President, or Congress?
8) If we’re fighting the Islamic terrorists over there so we don’t have to fight them over here, why have there been more attempted terrorist attacks since the War on Terror began?
9) Do the terrorists hate us because of our freedom, or because of our military action in the Middle East and other Islamic countries?
10) If Islam has always posed a threat to the West, why haven’t Islamic terrorists attacked us before our intervention in the Middle East and other Islamic countries?
11) Did the CIA help cause 9/11 by giving Osama Bin Laden and other “freedom fighters” security training in order to help fight the Soviets in the 1970s?
12) Are our troops really fighting for our freedom?
13) Where are the WMDs that Saddam Hussein supposedly had?
14) If Saddam Hussein had ties to 9/11, why did Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld claim otherwise?
15) Were the U.N. sanctions against Iraq really worth the deaths of over 500 thousand Iraqi children?
16) Why did Iraqi infant and child mortality rates drop after U.N. sanctions were imposed?
17) Were all the people targeted in the following video, including two children, really “anti-Iraqi forces” and “insurgents”?
18) What did John Quincy Adams mean when he said, "Americans should not go abroad to slay dragons they do not understand in the name of spreading democracy"?
19) What would George Washington, who warned Americans to “beware foreign entanglements,” have thought of our current foreign policy?
20) What did Eisenhower mean when he warned against the “Military Industrial Complex”?
21) How does his warning reflect our current foreign policy and military spending?
22) Was Hiroshima really necessary?
23) Can America afford to police the world?
24) Is it big government for law enforcement to wiretap phones and search library records without a warrant?
25) Why was a sixteen-year-old targeted as an alleged terrorist by the FBI under the PATRIOT ACT?
26) Why was a South Asian immigrant, who had no connections to terrorist organizations, targeted by the FBI under the PATRIOT ACT?
27) Why did the White House target a prominent critic of the Iraq War?
28) Why is an organization called Food, Not Bombs, which advocates non-violence and opposes war, targeted by the FBI as a terrorist organization?
29) Should Americans feel safe when 12 citizens are targeted for assassination?
30) Do Americans have the right to have their Miranda Rights read to them, even if they are an Islamic terrorist?
31) How does water-boarding, which can cause serious bodily and psychological harm—and quite possibly death, not constitute torture and violate the fourth Amendment or Geneva conventions?
32) Does Bush really deserve credit for the capture of Osama Bin Laden?
33) Do Muslims have the same freedom of religion and property rights as other Americans?
34) If so, why all the fuss over them building mosques on their own land?
35) How are sex shops and strip clubs near Ground Zero less sacrilegious than a community center with an interdenominational prayer room and a memorial to the 9/11 victims?
36) How radical is Park 51's Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf?
37) Which religious group is more likely to pass their doctrine into law in Tennessee: radical Muslims or Conservative Christians?
38) Why is it wrong to teach schoolchildren in public schools about Mohammed and the Koran, but okay to require them to pray and recite Bible verses?
39) How is televangelist Jerry Falwell claiming that 9/11 was caused by abortionists, homosexuals, feminists, and the ACLU any less ridiculous than Iranian cleric Kazem Sedighi claiming that earthquakes are caused by immodest women?
40) Since his end-of-the-world prediction failed to come true in 1982, is Pat Robertson a false prophet?
41) If America is a Christian Nation founded upon biblical principles, then why did John Adams say that "the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"?
42) If the Founding Fathers were Fundamentalist Christians, then please explain these quotations:
"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law." - Thomas Jefferson
"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find a precept for Creeds, Confessions, Oaths, Doctrines, and whole cartloads of other foolish trumpery that we find in Christianity." - John Adams
"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." – Benjamin Franklin
"What is it the New Testament teaches us? To believe that the Almighty committed debauchery with a woman engaged to be married; and the belief of this debauchery is called faith." - Thomas Paine
43) Would Jesus support the separation of church and state?
"Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's" - Mark 12:17
"My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." - John 18:36
44) Who would be more supportive of the Religious Right: Jesus or the Pharisees?
45) Is the ACLU truly anti-Christian?
46) Should the government mandate when Americans pray?
47) Is it fair to prevent non-Christians from buying alcohol or running their businesses on Sundays?
48) Should Michelle Bachmann be considered a limited government Tea Party candidate when she signed a pledge supporting the government dictating what people do in the privacy of their own bedroom and what they view on the internet?
49) If gay marriage should be illegal because the Bible condemns homosexuality, should stoning disobedient children be legal because the Bible approves it?
50) What about these other “offenses” in the Bible?
Wearing polyester or other fabric blends. – Deut 22:11
Eating shellfish. - Lev 11:10
Eating cheeseburgers. - Deut 14:21
Backtalking your parents. - Ex 21:17
Touching a woman on her period. – Lev 15:19
And many more…
51) If the government should defend “traditional marriage” as defined in the Bible, which of these eight types of Biblical marriages is “traditional”?
52) Would a Constitutional amendment defining marriage expand the power of federal government, considering it never had the authority to define marriage?
53) Which is a greater threat to the “sanctity of marriage”: gay couples getting married, or conservative Christians getting divorced?
54) Why have conservative Christians like Larry Craig and George Rekers, who are opposed to gay marriage, been involved in sex scandals with homosexuals?
55) Why were men with the most anti-gay attitudes most aroused by gay pornography?
56) What good is Don’t Ask Don’t Tell if it doesn’t keep gays out of the military?
57) Should Sarah Palin be vouching for abstinence-only education programs when her own daughter was knocked up out-of-wedlock?
58) Does abstinence-only education programs help prevent sex among adolescents?
59) If you believe in an afterlife where there is no pain and suffering, wouldn’t it be best for terminally ill-patients undergoing pain and suffering to pass on if they and their family members so choose?
60) Who should be responsible for whether or not children read Harry Potter books: their parents, or school libraries?
61) Who should be responsible for what children watch on television: their parents, or the FCC?
62) Just how much power should the FCC have over the airwaves, and thus free speech?
63) Are social conservatives “socialists”?
64) To paraphrase George Carlin: if sleeping with people is legal, and making money is legal, then why is making money sleeping with people illegal?
65) Would violence and sexual assault against sex workers be minimized if prostitution was legal?
66) Why should rape victims be forced to pay for their own rape kits?
67) Why is marijuana illegal when legal substances like alcohol and tobacco are more harmful?
68) If marijuana should remain illegal because someone might drive stoned, should alcohol be made illegal because someone might drive drunk?
69) Why is heroin more available, affordable, and potent now than it was in the 60s and 70s?
70) What does it say of drug prohibition when the War on Drugs is declared a failure by The Global Commission on Drug Policy?
71) Are children violent because they play violent video games, or do they play violent video games because they themselves are violent?
72) Why has the national prison population increased while violent crime has declined?
73) Why do states with the death penalty have the highest homicide rates?
74) Should tasers be used on grandmothers with pacemakers?
75) Should Canadian police have arrested a G20 protestor for blowing bubbles?
76) Should a 41-year-old mechanic face 75 years in prison for videotaping the cops?
77) Should police be able to break into a home without a warrant if they suspect the destruction of evidence within?
78) Should a high school senior be sentenced 2-8 years in prison for playing a harmless prank?
79) Should police officers be allowed to open fire at a suspect (who allegedly never drew his weapon), hitting four innocent bystanders in the crossfire, and then confiscate an eyewitnesses’ camera at gun point and destroy it?
80) Should the Governor of Michigan have power to strip power from local officials?
81) Are Republicans really against socialism?
82) Is it socialism to subsidize farms?
83) How about subsidizing oil companies?
84) And how about funding faith-based initiatives?
85) Is it hypocritical of Sarah Palin to criticize the federal stimulus while accepting half of it for her state?
86) If Obama is a socialist for bailing out the banks and auto industries, does that mean Bush is a socialist for bailing out the banks and mortgage companies?
87) Why are Republicans against raising the debt ceiling under Obama when they had no problem voting 19 times to raise it under Bush?
88) Which is worse: Obama using a teleprompter, or Bush not using one?
89) How can Obama be a Muslim when he attended Jeremiah Wright’s church for over 20 years?
90) Is it reasonable to call Obama a Muslim because “he uses the Muslim Pakistani pronunciation for "Pakistan" rather than the common American one”?
91) Why is Obama more suspect of being born outside the United States, and thus required to show his long form birth certificate, when his opponent John McCain was born in Panama?
92) What proof will it take for Birthers to accept that Obama was born in America?
93) Is Fox News really fair and balanced?
94) Should Glenn Beck have said that we “should shoot them in the head”?
95) If, according to Beck’s logic, Rockefeller was Communist for having Communist “imagery” in Rockefeller Plaza, does that make Fox News, whose studios are also on Rockefeller Plaza, Communist?
96) How much integrity does Bill O’Reilly have when he tries to silence most of his guests?
97) Is it hypocritical for Ann Coulter, a journalist who said that the New York Times building be bombed and that a Supreme Court Justice be poisoned, to suggest that journalists be jailed?
98) Was Michael Savage correct in claiming that most Autistic children are frauds?
99) What was John Gibson implying when he suggested that Americans “make more babies”?
100) After honestly answering the last 99 questions, do you still consider yourself a conservative?
If you have answered no, I would like to invite you to become a libertarian. Click here to learn more.