Nuggets of Wisdom

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

On the first (and only) day of Christmas, my loved ones gave to me:

• A tote bag
• Two pairs of shirts
• A tube of socks
• A sushi-making kit
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
• Amazon Kindle Touch

Especially excited about the Kindle (Well, to be honest, I’m more excited about the latest Zelda game, but the Kindle is next best). I managed to download a few free books from the Kindle store (First book I downloaded: “The Second Treatise of Government” by John Locke)

Also downloaded a few free books (PDF format) from the Ludwig von Mises Institute, including three classics from Murray Rothbard: “The Ethics of Liberty,” “America’s Great Depression,” and “Education: Free and Compulsory” (Sadly, the text for “The Ethics of Liberty” was illegible, so I was forced to delete it).

Also tried downloading one of Stefan Molyneux ’s free books, but as with “Ethics of Liberty,” it was unreadable on my Kindle, so I deleted it.

Fortunately, I have a $25 gift card for Amazon, so I plan on BUYING some books. I have a few ideas of what I would like to get, but I'm open to suggestions. If anyone would like to recommend a few good books (to buy or freely download), feel free to do so in the comments below.

And have yourself a merry little Christmas!