Nuggets of Wisdom

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Thoughts On Obama’s State Of The Union Address

I have none!

I didn’t bother watching it last night. I had better things to do than listen to an incompetent defend his four years of failure and beg for re-election. “I know I haven’t been the hope and change I promised I was going to be, but if you give me another chance, I promise to be the promise I promised. Promise!”

From what little I heard about the address, the only thing that caught my interest was that he promised to sign a bill to ban insider trading by Congressmen: “Send me a bill that bans insider trading by members of Congress, I will sign it tomorrow.” Sounds good. Would such a bill ever stand a chance getting passed in Congress? Does a skinny dipper stand a chance in piranha-infested waters?

Here’s what An HONEST State of the Union Address would have been like: