Nuggets of Wisdom

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Paul Lost To Santorum?!

Well, I woke up this morning, checked the Iowa caucus results, and needless to say, I’m mortified!

Yes, I’m glad Ron Paul managed to get into the top tier (though disappointingly in third place), and yes, I’m not surprised Romney won first place, but what baffles me is that second place went to, of all people, Rick Santorum.

What? Really?! Rick Santorum? Effing Rick Santorum? Ron Paul lost second place to Santorum?

My reaction:



I could comprehend Paul losing to Rick Perry or Newt Gingrich. But Santorum? Really? The same Rick Santorum who, in last year’s Iowa Straw Poll, as Jon Stewart so eloquently put it, “didn’t get half [the votes] Ron Paul got. He lost to the guy [Tim Pawlenty] who lost so bad he dropped out of the race!”

Methinks Fox News pimping out Santorum during the caucus may be to blame. (It's the only "news" source Republicans watch!)

Oh, and there's also the fact that Iowa Republicans moved the vote-count to an "undisclosed location." I’m no conspiracy theorist, but I’m not discarding the idea that this was a scheme to steal the vote from Paul.

(And in other news, Santorum's own nephew favors Paul over him!)