Sunday, January 29, 2012
Pony Sunday: The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
Art by mysticalpha
Welcome to yet another Pony Sunday. Here are my thoughts on this week's episode "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000":
• Super Kawaii: Fluttershy squees!
• Rainbow Dash: “You know, I might even buy some cider and hold onto it for awhile, drinking it drop by drop in front of her.”
• LOL! Rainbow Dash’s expression upon seeing the line to the cider stall.
• I wonder, was Pinkie Pie’s hair the way it wass because it was her morning hair, or because of all the static electricity from the balloons in her tent? (And it snaps into place with a drop of a pin!)
• Ponies in line: Pinkie Pie, Lyra, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Daisy, Lickety Split, Carrot Top, Berry Punch, Bon Bon, Twilight Sparkle, Spike (Dragon), Rarity, Lily.
• LOL! Pinkie Pie’s expression after drinking cider! XD
• One of the ponies angry at Apple Jack for running out of cider is Caramel. Somehow, I don’t like his attitude towards her—mostly because I’m a fan of the Applejack/Caramel shipping! “You always run out!...You always say that!” (Now now, Caramel, that’s no way to address the future mother of your children! :D)
• Anyone else expecting Rainbow Dash to decapitate Pinkie Pie? (Ponality!)
• Somehow the The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 reminds me of a combination of the Wonka Mobile and the Time Train from Back To The Future 3.
• I know the Flim Flam brothers are supposed to be a parody of the protagonist from The Music Man, but they reminded me more of those Vaudeville guys from Family Guy.
• This is by far the second best song in the second season. Really shows how much effort they put in their music, unlike other children’s shows. The song really seemed like something out of a Broadway musical (especially when the other ponies start singing)—again, not something you would expect for a children’s show.
• “Cider, Cider, Cider, Cider” (Monorail, Monorail, Monorail, Monorail)
• Seriously? The Brothers would have received the 75% of the profit? Are they serious? Of course no one would agree to that deal—no one! But then again, they had to be greedy like that, otherwise, there would have been no conflict, and thus no plot.
• Is it just me, or do stories like this somehow (if unintentionally) demonize productivity, technology, and entrepreneurship. After all, the villains here are greedy salesmen with better technology.
• Rainbow Dash: “Oh for pete’s sake!” XD
• And Granny Smith had just finished fixing that fence, too!
• LOL! Rainbow Dash eats dirt.
• Since the Apple Family (the extended Apple Family) own most of the apple orchards in Equestria, doesn’t that mean the Brothers would eventually end up using Apple Family apples anyway?
• Meme Alert: Rainbow Dash’s cheeks being squished by Flim.
• LOL! Granny Smith’s reaction to being called chicken.
• Granny Smith is reluctant to partner with the Brothers (albeit for highway robbery), but she’s willing to stake her family’s farm over a bet?
• Dr Whooves operates the hourglass! :D
• Go figure: technology beats horsepower.
• And the Brothers don’t care that Applejack’s friends help out. Talk about confidence!
• And they decided to cut corners and add the bad apples with the good. Predictable outcome is predictable. Those brothers seem to be great inventors but bad businessmen.
• What Macintosh is probably thinking on the treadmill: “Jane: Get me off this crazy thing!”
• Twilight: “Integrity like that will always be rewarded!” Mayor: “Flim and Flam win!”
• Even the town people feel bad about the deal—even before they taste the tainted cider.
• Bon Bon: “Mine’s got rocks in it!”
• Yup, them leaving town definitely reminds me of the Vaudeville guys from Family Guy. (Quick, play me off!)
• The pink-maned unicorn that appears as the machine leaves seems like a smaller, less sleaker version of Fleur from “Sweet and Elite.”
• Apple Jack: “Dear Princess Celestia, I wanted to share my thought with you. I DIDN’T LEARN ANYTHING! I was right all along!” Best. Letter. EVER! (Also loved Applejack prancing with cider on head. Kawaii!)