Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, January 6, 2012

Sexist Frat E-Mail: Women Are Targets, Not People

What really bugs me about feminists is how they always see sexism where none exists (i.e.: Feminist Frequency). That being said, I do understand that sexism and misogyny exist (just not to the extent that feminists perceive them to be).

Case in point: a fraternity member from USC’s Kappa Sigma chapter wrote an e-mail (referred to as the “Gullet report”) to his fellow members on how to be an effective “cocksman” and “pin-point sorostitiutes more inclined to put-out.” (In other words, it’s one of those immature rating systems that rate women on how hot and “easy” they are.)

I refuse to post the entirety of the e-mail, as simply talking about it makes me feel ashamed. If you can stomach reading about how male pigs can best “get laid,” you can read the e-mail here. But just to give you a glimpse of the sexism surrounding it, I’ll share this portion that pretty much sums it up:
Note: I will refer to females as “targets”. They aren’t actual people like us men. Consequently, giving them a certain name or distinction is pointless.
Women aren’t actual people like men?

I don’t normally condone violence, but if you’re a college-age guy and you run into some male pig who thinks like this, please shove them down the nearest flight of stairs. You’ll be doing the male gender a service.