I occasionally reference The Amazing Atheist in my blog posts. Like Bill Maher, I consider him to be a broken clock which tends to tell the correct time at least twice a day. I disagree with many things he says, but most of the time, he says something right—especially when it comes to feminism.
This week was not one of those times.
TJ was recently involved in a flame war with a feminist on reddit, apparently over something a redditor called “ICumWhenIKillMen” had posted. What ensued was nothing short of misogynistic. Here's just a sample:
• I will make you a rape victim if you don’t fuck off.To make matters worse, the redditor he was insulting—the one he was threatening to rape with his fist and drown in rape semen—claimed to be a rape victim! Just, wow!
• Yeah. Well, you deserved it. So, fuck you. I hope it happens again soon. I’m tired of being treated like shit by you mean little cunts and then you using your rape as an excuse. Fuck you. I think we should give the guy who raped you a medal. I hope you fucking drown in rape semen, you ugly, mean-spirited cow. Actually, I don’t believe you were ever raped! What man would be tasteless enough to stick his dick into a human cesspool like you? Nice gif of a turd going into my mouth. Is that kind of like the way that rapists dick went in your pussy? Or did he use your asshole? Or was it both? Maybe you should think about it really hard for the next few hours. Relive it as much as possible. You know? Try to recall: was it my pussy or my ass?
• I’m going to rape you with my fist.
• BTW, you have to admit, when I told you that I hope you drown in rape semen, you got a little wet, didn’t you? It’s okay. We’re friends now. You can share.
• Fuck you, liar. All night you douches have tried to shit on me and tear me down. Then when I do the same it’s like, “Whoa man! That’s too far. Calm down.” No. Fuck you. Go get raped in whatever orifice you have to get fucking raped in. I am sick of your shit. I regret nothing.
I don’t care what George Carlin said, rape is never funny—ever! It should never be used as a joke or insult. I don’t mean to sound politically correct here, but this isn’t political correctness, this is common decency, and TJ crossed the line!
Coughlan000 managed to upload an appropriate response explaining how TJ was out of line.
TJ replied with a pathetic excuse of a blog post, to which Coughlan replied with another video response—that was actually flagged! (I don’t know if it was TJ or someone else who did the flagging, but it goes to show that being a voice of reason against a popular user can be, well, unpopular.)