Nuggets of Wisdom

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pony Humans: Rarity

And I finally finish off the Mane 6 with Rarity. (Don’t worry, folks: I still have more entries planned for “Human Ponies” up until this Saturday. Who else am I going to feature? Stay tuned and find out!)


MLP: RARITY by =BittersweetDisease on deviantART

Let’s start with a simple portrait. Not every day that you see watercolors. The earring with three diamonds is a nice touch. Very reminiscent of her cutie mark.



MLP: FiM - Rarity by *oceanchan on deviantART

Somehow I like these mostly-human, semi-pony pictures. There’s just something about those ears and that horn.



Rarity by ~RaineKitty on deviantART

A human Rarity cuddling with a plush Spike doll. The artwork here is reminiscent of 1940s magazine art. I like how human Rarity is sitting against the background, almost as if she’s riding her pony self.



Rarity thinking by *nickyflamingo on deviantART

Somehow I just like how her lips are drawn. Very kissable if you ask me, though I’m not really into Rarity that much!



Rarity and Opal by *Himikoko on deviantART

Does this remind anyone else of Janeane from Ghostbusters?



Rarity by *Christinies on deviantART

Her dress is like that of a Disney Princess (I want to say Belle’s if it were white), and her hairstyle reminds me of Cher’s. (Yeah, I know, weird combination.)



Rarity by ~Jadiekins on deviantART

And now here she is in her Gala dress. She seems kind of big, I want to say almost like Fiona from Shrek. But then again, big can be beautiful, and we already have enough pictures of Rarity (if not the other ponies) like a twig as it is.



Princess of Generosity by ~lucky-lotto on deviantART

Speaking of which, here's another picture of her in her Gala dress, taken from the back. She sort of reminds me of Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's.



Artsy Rarity by *Meowkin on deviantART

Hipster Rarity is hip!



MLP FIM - Anthro Rarity by *Joakaha on deviantART

Now an anthro version. Very chic.



Rarity Creates by *JayNaylor on deviantART

Rarity in suspenders and a dress shirt? You don’t see that everyday. Very different. Creative, indeed. She looks very business-like to say the least.



Anthro Rarity by ~Nethilia on deviantART

Is it just me, or does this remind anyone else of Meg Griffin from Family Guy. I don’t know. The art style just reminds me of Seth McFarlene’s. (I know: totally random thought!)



Rarity by *Jonas-Sloth on deviantART

The red ribbon contrasts well with the gray dress and dark background.



MLP: FiM - Red Carpet Rarity by *sm-cheesecake on deviantART

I'll be the toast of the town, the girl on the go
I'm the type of pony everypony, everypony should know
I'll be the one to watch, the girl in the flow
I'm the type of pony everypony, everypony should know




Best Pony by ~thelivingmachine02 on deviantART

I really like her mane!



MLP: Rarity by *ss2sonic on deviantART

And obviously, so does Spike.



Rarity by ~dead-kittens3 on deviantART

Only the most stylish swimsuit for the most stylish pony! ;)