Nuggets of Wisdom

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Don't Have Time For This!

I seriously don't! I'm on the verge of freelancing two articles this weekend and preparing to leave on Christmas vacation. So the last thing I feel like doing right now is replying to idiots on the Internet.

Remember my last post where I discussed a blogger who blamed the Connecticut school shooting on hunting? Well, he replied to me--sort of. I had left a comment to him on his site, and he replied to it, claiming that he didn't blame the shooting on hunting culture, even though he explicitly does! I'm not sure if he's being disingenuous or just dishonest.

And then there's this guy! I had argued with him about the nature of the shooting and of gun control, and now he's accusing me of not caring about the children. Seriously! "What about the children?!" Listen, pal: like everyone else with a heart, I too am torn up that innocent children were gunned down by a gun-toting maniac. But unlike you and every other bleeding heart liberal exploiting this tragedy to promote gun control, I am not allowing my emotions to overtake my reasoning in order to push for bad policy. No amount of gun control would prevent a tragedy like that, especially considering it happened in a "gun-free zone" in a state with the strictest gun laws in the nation!

I really am getting sick of the media circus surrounding this tragic event, and I am especially sick of it being used by libtarded moonbats as a jumping off point for the gun control debate. There is no correlation between gun control and gun violence. None. Zip. Nada. These people need to stop opening their hearts and start opening their minds, assuming they have minds. (Which they probably don't!)