Nuggets of Wisdom

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boston: Keep Calm And Carry On

Many of you are probably wondering what my opinions are on the Boston bombings. Quite frankly, I don't know.

When the bombings happened earlier this week, there was little we knew about them, and thus little for me to comment on. Even now, we still don't know much about them. Two suspects have been isolated, but even then, this is not for certain.

However, an op-ed released on that day sums up my sentiments exactly:
I’m safe. You are safe. 99.999999% of the country is safe. But there never is a completely safe, and there never will be. I refuse to let the terrorists win...And I refuse to give up another right to prevent another “Boston"...The bomber(s) isn’t the only one who wants you to be afraid. Remember that.