Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, May 17, 2013

Rethinking Equestria Girls

As anyone who follows my blog knows, I'm not too keen about the upcoming Equestria Girls movie, and yesterday, I surely vented my frustration over it. Well, some of you informed me I was overreaching in my criticism, and now that I think about it, perhaps I have been overreacting.

And it doesn't seem like I'm the only one.

Apparently, there's been such a strong backlash over this that many of the DHX Studio staff have considered quitting. Yes, some of the creators behind MLP:FiM are seriously considering quitting their jobs because of the brony backlash against them. Damn, that's harsh!

This lead me to wonder if some of us are being too premature in our judgment. After all, the movie has yet to come out, so we can't honestly judge it. Perhaps we should wait until we see it until we start lobbing harsh criticism.

Yes, I know having our favorite ponies as human high school teenyboppers seems really unsettling, but think about it this way: most of us are bronies because we took a chance to watch something we otherwise would not be interested in, which is a little girl's cartoon about multi-colored cartoon ponies. All I'm saying is that if we took a risk in watching this show in the first place, perhaps we should take another chance at watching this movie. After all, it IS made by the same people, so obviously, it should have the same quality, right?

Let's not judge a book by its cover. We didn't do it with MLP:FiM, so why do it with this? Let's wait until it actually comes out, watch it, and then give our opinion.

And as for DHX studios, currently, there's an effort on Twitter to show fan support for the creators, to show them that we still care. I want these people to continue making MLP, so I'm showing my support, and if you love MLP, you should too.