Nuggets of Wisdom

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Taking A Break From Politics

Yeah. Yeah. You know the drill. I say I'm going on hiatus, then two days later, I'm posting another journal entry or another political art piece.

But this time, I hope I can follow through with what I say. I've just been feeling extremely depressed lately. I'm not sure if it's current events or my work schedule or the weather or all three. All I know is that focusing on the news is not helping, especially with last month, which was not only the worst month, but also had the worst week: the Boston bombing, Texas plant explosion, Ricin letters, MIT police officer shooting, 4/20 protest shootings, and now CISPA is back! Sheesh! It's enough to make one suicidal. Or Homicidal. Or both.

So I decided for the rest of the month to quit politics and news cold turkey. Besides, there are other projects I wish to focus on.

For one thing, I've yet to get started on my favorite MLP:FiM Season 3 episode list. How long has it been since Season Three ended? Two months? Well darn, it will probably be the fourth season by the time I have my list finished. But I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, and plan on posting it sometime later this month.

I also want to get my deviantART group started. I've been procrastinating on that for too long. Hopefully, I'd like to get it started within the next week or so, though I can't make any promises.

And finally, as you know, I'm nearing 200 watchers on deviantART. And I have something big planned for the occasion. What is it exactly? You'll have to wait to find out. I'll make the announcement once I achieve 200.

Anyway, here's hoping I can keep my mind off of politics. Lord knows it's pushing me to the breaking point. Only four more years of this crap, right?