Nuggets of Wisdom

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Disney's Big Hero 6 Teaser Trailer

I only recently learned that Disney’s upcoming animated movie, Big Hero 6, is also going to be a Marvel film. Ever since the House of Mouse purchased the comic book company in 2009, it was only inevitable that Disney would release a Marvel movie, and I think it was a safe decision for them to base it off a lesser-known Marvel comic series rather than a mainstream one. I don’t think the world is quite ready for a Disney animated Spiderman or Wolverine movie.



This is only a teaser trailer, so there’s not much to glean from it. On the surface, it seems like your typical story of a boy and his pet robot. The art style and setting seems reminiscent of the 2009 Astroboy movie—and depending upon your feelings about that movie, that could be a good thing or bad thing. Personally, I liked the Astroboy movie, though I’m probably the only person that does.

Overall, the fact alone that this will be the very first Disney-Marvel movie has my interests peaked. Will it be an epic flop, or an epic win? We’ll just have to wait until this winter to see for ourselves.