Nuggets of Wisdom

Thursday, May 22, 2014

No No Power Rangers



I have to agree with MovieBob here: if you cringe at the idea of a Power Rangers movie, but were super-hyped when The Avengers premiered, to the point where you even camped out in front of the theater for opening night, then chances are your middle name is "hypocrite"!

Personally, I only watched the first two seasons of Power Rangers when it first came out. I was in kindergarten, and even back then, I knew the novelty of the series was wearing off. To this day, having graduated college five years ago, I’m still dumbfounded that the franchise lasted this long.

Is the television series cheesy? Yes. Is making a live-action movie out of it stupid? Undoubtedly, but no more so than any of the other movie adaptations of nostalgic franchises. It’s yet another example of Hollywood circling the drain, as they release yet another movie adaptation because they’ve run out of original ideas.