Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, June 27, 2014

Someone Put Family Guy Out Of Its Misery, Please!

Oh, Family Guy! I remember when I was in high school and I used to watch your show religiously. Your episodes were random, over-the-top, and unashamedly juvenile and vulgar. But since then, I've grown up, and now your episodes are random, over-the-top, and unashamedly juvenile and vulgar.

While my sense of humor has since matured, yours pretty much stayed the same. Oh sure, once in a blue moon, you’ll release a good episode, but the thing is, a bad television series that occasionally makes good episodes is not worth watching like a good series that occasionally makes bad episodes.

One episode that reveals how far this once great animated series has fallen is also one of its most recent: "Fresh Hair," which was recently reviewed by TheMysteriousMrEnter:


Fresh Heir review from John Enter on Vimeo.

Sadly, I was unfortunate enough to have watched this animated abomination when it first aired. I’m not sure what’s worst: the fact that they implied Chris taught his elderly grandfather how to masturbate by giving him a handjob, or—actually, you know, that’s bad enough as it is! (Why do I get the uneasy feeling that someone actually made a Rule 34 fan art of that?)