Nuggets of Wisdom

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Not Even Anita Deserves This!

It’s no secret that I’m not a fan of Anita Sarkeesian, but I wouldn’t say that I hate her. I wouldn’t even say that I’m against what she stands for. Ultimately, she wants more and better female representation in video games, which I’m sure most of you also want as well. What I’m against is how she’s trying to go about accomplishing this, which leads to her grossly misrepresenting games and gamers. At best, she’s disingenuous; at worst, dishonest. But she’s not evil, and she’s not deserving of death threats like this:


Twitter


These death and rape threats have gotten to the point where Anita has been forced out of her own home!

Guys, please don’t do this.

I’m all for free speech, but I also understand that it has its limits. Death threats are not protected free speech, and they do nothing to help your case. They just make you look like a psychopath. If you’re going to use free speech against her, be like Thunderf00t and do so through constructive criticism.