Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, October 17, 2014

How Can Davis Aurini Be So Heartless?

Contrary to what feminists claim, I am not, nor have I ever been, a men’s right activist. Two reasons: one, I don’t believe human rights can be compartmentalized by factors such as gender. I do not believe in “men’s” or "women’s” rights. I only believe in individual rights.

And two, because of asshats like Davis Aurini, who had the outright gall to claim Malala Yousafzai did not deserve to win her Nobel Peace Prize. Why? Because she was “merely shot by the Taliban”:



I’m with Coughlan on this one: “Is there any sentence that does not warrant or is undeserving of having the word ‘merely’ put in front of it than the words ‘shot by the Taliban’?”

And before any of my MRA followers start pissing and moaning that “Not all MRAs are like that!”, please save your keystrokes! I don’t buy the “not all” argument from feminists, why should I buy it from MRAs? I’m going to call out crap regardless of who’s flinging it. It doesn’t matter if the hand belongs to a feminist or an MRA, I am calling out their crap. Don’t get angry at me calling out someone’s crap. Get angry at the people flinging the crap!