Nuggets of Wisdom

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Super Smash Sisters


Super Smash Sisters by TheBourgyman on DeviantArt

Today’s Valentine’s Day, the time when we reflect on the things that we love. If there’s one thing that I really love, it’s video games, specifically Nintendo. I was born and raised on the company, and I will continue to support it until it inevitably goes bankrupt, which I hope is never!

I love Nintendo. I love Super Smash Bros. And I especially love that the latest addition to the franchise has much more playable female characters—to the point where they ought to call it Super Smash Brothers and Sisters!

Sure, it was fun being able to play as Peach, Zelda, and Samus, but the games were still lacking much needed female representation and diversity. Thankfully, the latest additions for the 3DS and WiiU provided just that, as now you can play as a fitness trainer, a space princess and her star companion, a female swordfighter (even if she is just Marth with boobs), a magical swordswoman, and even a freaking goddess! (Goddess trumps princess anyday!)

Even then, I’m sure that we can all agree that the games could include even more female characters in its roster. Personally, I’m still bummed that Krystal didn’t make the cut. She would have added much more variety to the Star Fox representation than either Falco or especially Wolf (whom I’m glad is gone!).

But what do you all think? Who’s your favorite Super Smash Sister? Cast you votes at the polls!

Also, what other female video game character would you like to see in future Super Smash Bros.? Leave your suggestions in the comments below!