Nuggets of Wisdom

Saturday, March 28, 2015

No 2015 Zelda Wii U Release


Zelda fans who’ve been anticipating playing the newest Legend of Zelda game by the end of the year will have to wait a little bit longer now, as IGN reports:
Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma said meeting a 2015 release date for The Legend of Zelda for Wii U is no longer a "number one priority."

"Since I declared at The Game Awards in December that the game would launch in 2015, the directors and the many members of the development team have been working hard developing the game to make it the best it can be," Aonuma said in a video addressing Nintendo fans.

During development, the team discovered "several new possibilities" for the game, Aonuma explained, which forced a reconsideration of their timeline and priorities.

Aonuma continued, "So, I must apologize to you all that were expecting the game by year's end, but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority. Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game."
Even a bigger bummer, Nintendo won’t even be showcasing the game at this year’s E3.

Here’s the original announcement from Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma:



While many Zelda fans may be disappointed by this, I’m not. If a longer wait means more time for the game developers to further fine-tune the game, then I’m more than willing to wait. I’d rather have a quality game that was given the proper time and effort creating it that a shoddy product that was rushed out to market to meet a deadline.

Besides, I’ve still yet to play Hyrule Warriors; so I think I'll invest in that game, which will hopefully keep me more than pre-occupied (especially with all the cool DLC!) until the real deal releases.