Nuggets of Wisdom

Thursday, April 2, 2015

30 Something Nerdy Critics—Geeky Power!

The Nostalgia Critic teaming up with the AVGN to take down the biggest crap on my favorite franchise since The Last Airbender? Is it any wonder that I watched this review at least five time over?!



Of course, it took me that many viewings to really notice the genius behind this review. Initially, I'd thought that the side sketch was merely a humorous homage to the turtle franchise, but then I realized that it was really a commentary on it.

Think about the various gags: the animation errors in the original series, the virtual un-playability of the original video game, the glaring plot holes in the original live-action movies, the so-bad-it’s-good live-action concert: it was all to show that, despite the many flaws in the 2014 movie, the previous incarnations were not without their own flaws, despite us believing, through our nostalgia-colored glasses, that the franchise was flawless until Bay came along to ruin it.

Of course, considering that this message was literally spelt out with the message at the end, I’m not sure how it evaded me.