Nuggets of Wisdom

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

EXCLUSIVE: Toy Story 4 Teaser Trailer Released


You’ve heard rumors and speculations about it. You heard the Muppets sing about it in their latest movie. You’ve been waiting in anticipation for even the slightest bit of news. Now your wait is finally over: Disney and Pixar have finally released a teaser trailer for Toy Story 4!

From the looks of it, the sequel has the tentative title of “Woody’s Big Race”, and as the title suggests, the story revolves around Woody taking part in a race. What’s especially surprising is that this movie features cameos of not only other Disney characters, but also characters from non-Disney movies such as Shrek. I’m not sure how many legal loopholes John Lasseter had to jump through to pull this off, but I’m quite impressed by it nonetheless.

Or at least I would be impressed by it if it weren’t for the lackluster animation. Tell me, who’s bright idea was it to take a computer animated movie franchise like Toy Story and make their latest movie a traditionally animated one? I wouldn’t have such a problem with the animation if it weren't so shoddy. I mean, wow! Even the direct-to-DVD Disney sequels had better animation than this. Oh well, I can only assume that this is still a work-in-progress and that the final product will be much more polished.

This trailer is so spectacular, so awe-inspiring, that I dare not even directly share the video on my blog post. Instead, if you want to watch it, I suggest that you click here. Whatever you think about it, just remember that this momentous milestone in animation history happened on this date of April 1, 2015.