Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, May 8, 2015

Fan Art Friday: Vol. 1

Welcome to a new regular feature I’d like to call Fan Art Friday. This is when I share some fan art that isn’t related to My Little Pony or Steven Universe. This is essentially going to be a hodge-podge of various interests of mine rolled up into one. Without further ado, let’s get started:


Considering how long it takes to create artwork of this scale, especially with chalk, and especially considering all of the other environmental factors such as people walking by, I have to admire this sidewalk drawing of Jake and Lady Rainacorn from Adventure Time. Very impressive.


A very cute pic of Zuko and Jin in modern times promoting boba tea at the Jasmine Dragon. Aw, don't be so sour, Zuko! You can be really bad ass when you're acting like a dragon--or perhaps I'm thinking of your voice actor. Dragon up!


Behold the three triangle heads: the Illuminati Dorito, Space Gem Dorito, and Homestruck Dorito. Great! Now I'm craving Doritos!


May Fourth may be reserved for Star Wars, but we can't forget other notable fours like the Elite Four here. If you don't know who these four are or where they're from, then I advise you to watch the Cartoon Hero's latest review.


Recently, I started reading Game of Thrones (only because I can't watch it, on television or on-line), and i have to say, I'm really hooked on it. This is a comic of Jon Snow and his direwolf, Ghost. You'll have to read the books or watch the show to get the context, but when you do, you'll find it hilarious.