Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, May 15, 2015

Fan Art Friday, Vol. 2

Welcome back to another installment of Fan Art Friday, where I showcase fan art of other franchises that I follow that aren't MLP:FiM or Steven Universe. Let's skip the formal intro and move on right into the fan art:


I’m slightly cheating with this, since this was on the DA front page, but it’s still a cool piece of fan art. Here we see the four Sailor Scouts enveloped in their own chosen element: Sailor Mercury with water, Mars with fire, Jupiter with electricity, and Venus with…er, heart—but not the lame “heart” power that Ma-ti has! Either way, when their powers combine, they call…Sailor Moon! (What? Did you expect me to say Captain Planet? I already made a reference to that show with Ma-ti. What more do you want from me?)


Speaking of elements, being a fan of both Legend of Korra and Kill La Kill, I always wondered what Korra would look like wearing Ryuko’s outfit. The actual result is just as awesome as I imagined it. Also, am I the only one who thinks that Ryuko almost sounds like Korra (even though they both have different voice actors)?



And speaking of Avatar: The Last Airbender crossing over Kill La Kill, here are the Elite Four as each of the Four Nations. Funny, I would have figured that Ira would have been a better rep for the Earth Kingdom, considering his physical demeanor as rock solid as the earth, but, eh, I guess Uzu pays a better homage to Toph the blind earthbender.



Aw! Gumball looks cute taking care of realistic goldfish Darwin. Also, I never noticed until now that Gumball, a cat, is brothers with a walking goldfish, Darwin, an animal that cats are infamously known for stalking much to the displeasure of their owners. Ah, I get the joke! :D



Here is an excellent, almost wallpaper-esque, picture of the Stark children and their direwolves from Game of Thrones. I originally wanted to showcase a picture of the children playing in the snow with their direwolves at Winterfell, but I for the life of me could not find it again. Either way, both of these pictures, although initially making me feel warm and fuzzy, makes me feel melancholy upon realizing what happens to these characters later in the series—though no spoilers!

Also, here's a cute Russian doll set based upon the above picture: