Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, June 26, 2015

Fan Art Friday, Vol. 6


The Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage nationwide today. To celebrate this historical milestone, this week's Fan Art Friday will highlight some of my favorite yuri (female) pairings, both canon or otherwise. (Yes, yes, I am using this as an excuse to post fan art of LESBYHANS! What's your point?)


Of course, I have to include some Korrasami. And for all of the butthurt fans complaining about this couple, get over it! The couple is canon. The creators confirmed it. Now love it or leave it!



We also have to include the original animated lesbian couple, Sailor Uranus and Neptune. (And for those who grew up with the English dub, no, they are not "cousins." They are, indeed, a couple. You can thank soccer moms for tht regressive edit.)



Again, before anyone asks, yes, it is hinted that Princess Bubblegum and Marceline had a fling prior to the show, and that they may still have chemisty between each other. Of course, the creators can't express that in the show because, otherwise, they would not be able to market the show in countries with less than favorable views of "teh gays."



At this point, I'm still on the fence whether or not Lyra and Bon Bon are friends or "friends." Either way, it doesn't matter, because the fans have made them the Bert and Ernie of the MLP franchise.



I prefer my Apples with "Caramel", and my Rainbows to be "Soarin", but Appledash is an okay fan couple.



Meh, I don't care for Rarijack (because it's such a crack pairing), but, meh, I guess they look good together.



Yes, before you ask, Pearl did have unreciprocated romantic feelings towards Steven's mother, Rose Quartz, and if you had any doubts about that before, the past few episodes during the Steven Bomb should have rectified them.

This last picture I'm going to post as a link, as it does contain spoilers for those who've never watch Steven Universe. If you've seen the first season finale, you know who they are, but otherwise, do not click at your own risk. (And before anyone asks, yes, they are a romantic couple, and the creators confirmed it.)

Also, I wanted to include some NSFW art, but as I can't actually show it in my post, I'll just link to them. Here's Korra and Asami oiling up on the beach, Marceline and Bubblegum snuggling in bed, Applejack and Rainbow Dash waking up from a night of loving, Rarity and Applejack having fun in the shower, and Sailor Moon and Bayonetta enjoying a lollipop. (Wow, talk about quite the crack pairing!)