Nuggets of Wisdom

Thursday, September 3, 2015

#ThrowbackThursday: G-R-A-V-I-T-Y


Recently, I’ve been binging on Bill Nye the Science Guy on Netflix. I’m still surprised to see how well this program has held up, even after all these years. You put this back on television and children would still be able to enjoy it (while also being educated, which is a rare combination!).

Even the music videos, what with them being over 20 years old, still hold up today. If anything, their cheese factor make them even more timeless. While some of them were parodies of old(er) songs, others like this were tributes to 90s culture:



The high octane hip-hop. The seizure-inducing music video effects. The grungy clothing. The ADHD-levels of random jump cuts to random unrelated footage. So much nostalgia. So much 90s. It makes me wish it were 1993 again!

But wait, then I would be stuck with dial-up internet and VHS tapes I would have to rewind for five minutes just to re-watch. On second thought, I love being here in the 2010s, and I think I’ll stick to reminiscing on 90s nostalgia from here. :D