Nuggets of Wisdom

Monday, October 5, 2015

Scary VGM Monday: Super Mario World Castle Theme


It's been a while since I made one of these posts about my favorite video game music--and hey, since it's Halloween, why not make them about scary video game music?

So to keep with the Halloween spirit, all of my VGM Monday posts this month will be related to scary video game music. And what better way to start of this month than to share the very first scary music from the very first video game I ever played?

Sure, the ghost house music may be the del facto scary music of Super Mario World, but no other music sends shivers up my spine than the music for the Koopalings’ castles? The very music itself has a sinister vibe to it, especially when you’re playing the game in the dark.

Of course, anyone could post a video of the music ripped from the game. But, ah, that would be too typical, and I don’t want to be typical. So what could be less typical than the same music being played live on the organ--by someone dressed as Mario?