Nuggets of Wisdom

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Introducing Disney-uary!


Let’s face it: 2015 hasn’t exactly been a great year. Fortunately, the year will soon be over with a whole new year ahead of us. As such, I’d like to start out the year on a good note. What better way to do that than to focus on something that everyone loves: Disney!

Do I even need to say that I love Disney? Everyone does. I love it. You love it. We all love it. (Well, maybe the guy who directed Escape from Tomorrow didn’t love it, but nobody cares about him and his pretentious film that only angst teenagers consider “deep.”) So to start off this year, I’ve decided to dedicate an entire month to my love of all things Disney with something I’d like to call Disney-uary!

And yes, as you can clearly tell, I’m taking direct inspiration from Doug Walker’s “Disneycember.” In fact, I was originally going to host this month-long celebration in December as a way to accentuate his own month-long Disney-lovefest. But I decided against that for three reasons: 1) I didn’t have enough time to put everything together, 2) I decided that it would be best to leave December reserved for Doug, and 3) I felt January would be a month better suited for me personally because it’s a time of year much grander than the holidays: my birthday!

Yes, my birthday is on January 26, and this year, I’m turning 29—one year away from the big 3-0! Since Disney has always been a part of my childhood, I felt that reflecting back upon it through a month-long celebration would help me feel a little bit younger, especially now that I’m turning one year older.

So all this month, I’ll be sharing Disney-related content with my regular features.

I’m talking Kingdom Hearts music for VGM Monday!

I’m talking Disney nostalgia on Throwback Thursday!

I’m talking Disney fan art on Fan Art Friday!

I’m talking Disney-related content providers on Shameless Plug Saturday!

And to top it all off, I’ll be counting down my own Top 11 List all throughout the month!

What list do I have in store? You’ll all have to wait and find out on January 1 when this entire celebration kicks off.

So who’s the leader of the club that’s made for you and me? It’s certainly the big mouse himself, but for this month, it’ll be yours truly as I kick off my inaugural Disney-uary celebration!

See you real soon! (Why? Because we like you!)