Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, February 19, 2016

Fan Art Friday: Love Wins: Cecil X Carlos


Mostly, for my “Love Wins”-themed Fan Art Fridays this month, I’ve been focusing solely on the “L-side” of the LGBT spectrum. For this week’s post, I’ll be focusing on the “G-side” of the spectrum by highlighting my favorite gay couple: Cecil and Carlos from Welcome To Night Vale.

As I’ve mentioned before, Welcome To Night Vale is what you would get if Gravity Falls were set in the Southwest and had its own radio show reporting on its many strange happenings. In fact, now that Gravity Falls has concluded, I’d highly recommend Night Vale to anyone seeking something to help them fill the void left by Gravity Falls.

There are many things to like about Night Vale. One of those things is the cute pairing of Night Vale radio host, Cecil Palmer, and his boyfriend (one season in), Carlos, Perfect Carlos, with the perfect hair and teeth as straight as a military cemetery. I don’t know what it is about this couple that enthralls me, but nonetheless, I consider it to be cute. So here are some equally cute fan art of them:



I don't know. Looks more like a perfect score. I'd say 5/7!



Scanner shows high levels of "teh feels!"



I wonder if Carlos likes his coffee light or dark. I know for certain that Cecil likes his coffee dark. Zing!



Yeah, I'm going to say Cecil does look cute in Carlos' lab coat.



Obligatory MLP fan art is obligatory.



"We understand the lights. We understand the lights above the Arby’s. We understand so much. But the sky behind those lights - mostly void, partially stars? That sky reminds us we don’t understand even more. Good night, Night Vale. Good night."