Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, February 5, 2016

Fan Art Friday: Love Wins: Ruby x Sapphire


Since this month is Valentine's Day, I've decided to dedicate this month's Fan Art Fridays to my favorite couples. And since the past year has seen gay marriage legalized throughout America, what better way to celebrate such a victory for gender and marriage equality than to dedicate these posts specifically to my favorite LGBT couples. (By which, I mean actual canonical couples and not fan shippings.) Because everyone deserves the right to love and marry their true love, regardless of their gender or sex!

What better way to start off this series dedicated to love all across the spectrum than with the very two spectral halves of the one character who's literally made of lo-o-o-ove? Of course, I'm talking about Ruby and Sapphire from Steven Universe. Even though we only get to see them a few times in the series, we see the result of their romance in the form of Garnet, who is literally the physical embodiment of a healthy, romantic relationship.

(And before I hear any complaints, yes, these two are technically gay. Yes, they're not human, but they're also both of the female gender and in a romantic relationship. That technically makes them "lesbians." Please stop denying this, because there's only one denial, and it's a river in Africa.)


Go ahead and try and hit me if you're able.
Can't you see that my relationship is stable?
I can see you hate the way we intermingle.
But I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.  

And you're not gonna stop what we made together.
We are gonna stay like this forever.
If you break us apart, we'll just come back newer.
And we'll always be twice the gem that you are.  
I am made O-o-o-o-of Lo-o-o-o-ove. O-o-o-o-of Lo-o-o-o-ove.



Mulan may have asked when will her reflection show who she is inside, but as for Garnet, her reflection here perfectly reveals everything.



Sapphire: Oh Ruby, how ever are you able to lift me off my feet so?

Ruby: You know what they say, baby: hot air rises...

*the two collapse*

Sapphire: *giggle* And cold air sinks!

Anyone else want to see a Mario-eque 8-bit fan game where Ruby plays the part of Mario saving Sapphire the princess? I know I do. Also, this is a cute pic.



Obligatory Pokemon reference is obligatory.


Another obligatory Pokemon reference, now with more Groudon and Kyogre!



You know who I am. You knew I had to include an MLP reference in here.