Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, February 26, 2016

Fan Art Friday: Love Wins: Undyne X Alphys


To wrap up this month of romance and gender equality, this last "Love Wins" Fan Art Friday is dedicated to a recent favorite couple of mine: Alphys and Undyne from Undertale.

Truth be told, I've yet to play the game, but considering how good people say it is, I so want to play it. If there's one thing that I know, it's that the geeky anime-loving scientist Alphys and the strong-yet-sexy captain of the royal guard Undyne make a cute couple. Hopefully, when I actually play the game, I can grow to better appreciate their "opposites attract" romance. Until then, how could I resist dedicating an entire post to them and their love?



Yeah, it's easy to tell that Alphys has a crush on the royal guard, especially when her thought balloon makes it all the more obvious.



After a long day at work, both the captain of the royal guard and the royal scientist simply wish to kick back on the couch and chill.



How do you make an otaku's best Valentine? By dressing up as the most famous anime couple ever!



Why do I get a feeling that the two are singing "I Got You Babe"? Perhaps because that's the song most couples sing on karaoke night?



Alphys just wants to read manga all day like a total loser! Undyne doesn't get it, but she likes hanging out with her sweet, geeky dinosaur anyway.



Yeah, for this game of chicken, my bets are on the two skeletons being pushed over by the two creatures that are more than just lightweight bones. Because physics!



And this must be the two enjoying their ice cream sweet victory from the last picture.