Nuggets of Wisdom

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Shameless Plug Saturday: Mike The Cat


You know, most of my Shameless Plug Saturday posts seem to be on YouTube channels. So to change things up a little, here’s a post on a deviantART profile. And what better gallery to showcase than that of a best long lost friend who recently returned: Mike the Cat.

Mike was one of my best friends here on deviantART. We both shared similar political views and interests, including MLP:FiM. He also made some pretty good art—especially for art made from Microsoft Paint.

Yes, Mike has proven himself to be rather talented for someone who creates oekaki (art made on digital paint programs). I wouldn’t say it’s perfect, but his art is impressive nonetheless. I especially love his comics, which, I will confess, was inspiration for my own comic, Statist and Anarchist. (Well, technically, my inspiration was Cyanide and Happiness and Rage Comics. But Mike may have helped prompt me.)

For the past two years, Mike has been away while serving on his mission (he’s Mormon), and now he’s back on deviantART. Only time will tell what art we can expect from him. Until then, you can get a taste of what is art is like by visiting his gallery. Here’s a few favorite samples of mine: