Nuggets of Wisdom

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Disney Sunday: Jungle Book Honest Trailer


I’m going to be perfectly honest: I never really cared for The Jungle Book. I remembered watching it as a little kid and being completely bored by it.

Okay, maybe that’s a slight exaggeration. I do remember enjoying the songs “Bare Necessities” and, to a lesser extent, “I Want To Be Like You.” But everything else was rather, “Meh!”

The characters were unmemorable, the story was tedious, and the pacing was slow to the point where it put you into a deeper sleep than Kaa’s hypnotic stare. So I’m not racing out to see the new live-action movie anytime soon. Or ever!

If you want a better understanding of why I don’t care for the movie, I’d suggest watching the Honest Trailer for it, which perfectly encapsulates my sentiments towards the movie precisely: It’s an animated classic that will get "Bare Necessities" stuck in your head, and have you struggling to remember anything else!


Also, be sure to check out the newest How It Should Have Ended and CinemaSins videos. The latter also does an excellent job pointing out all the faults, and the first one is accurately hilarious! :D