Nuggets of Wisdom

Friday, June 3, 2016

Fan Art Friday: Elsa And Jack Frost Forever


Like an ice palace rising in the far off mountains, Frozen 2 is on the horizon. Not only do Disney fans want to see Queen Elsa again, but they want to see her with a girlfriend of all things.

Social media has been abuzz with the hastag #GiveElsaAGirlfriend, with fans demanding to see their favorite ice queen hooked up in a lesbian relationship. Even her voice actress Idina Menzel thinks this is a good idea.

While I certainly think that Disney needs more LGBT representation in their animated films (especially with a lesbian princess), and although setting up Elsa with a girlfriend would hardly bother me in the slightest, at the risk of starting a flame war against the ice queen’s fans, I don’t necessarily think making Elsa into a lesbian would be the best move for Disney. That’s simply my preference. Nothing more.

Besides, Elsa’s already taken.

Yes, as you can tell from this post, I am a fan of the Elsa/Jack Frost ship. I know there’s no way that the two would ever hook up for real, what with the two of them being owned by separate companies, but I still think the two go well together like ice and snow—quite literally.

So for this week’s Fan Art Friday, I’m showcasing my favorite Elsa/Jack fan art. And for anyone who may not care for the shipping, feel free to...let it go!



"I can show you the world, shining, shimmering, splendid, tell me, princess, now when did you last let your heart decide? I can open your eyes, take you wonder by wonder, over sideways and under on a magic carpet ride."


Like winter frozen upon a cold glass window pane, these two simply go together, and they look amazing when they do.


And now for something a little bit more intimate without being too intimate. (I want to keep this PG!)





Seems like Jack has provoked the jealousy of a certain princess-seeking king of ice. LOL!




And now it appears that Jack is getting a little green-eyed himself. Though now that I think about it, Elsa hooking up with Loki seems to make more sense as the two are owned by the same company: Disney. Yeah, how weird is that?