Nuggets of Wisdom

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Disney Sunday: Search For The Worst Not-Disney Movies


For my first Disney Sunday in a long while, I won't be focusing on any Disney movie, per say, as much as I will be on movies that try to be like Disney but fail. No, I'm not talking about Illumination Entertainment or Blue Sky Studios. I'm talking about "mockbusters."

For the life of me, I don't know why the "mockbuster" industry is even a thing, or at least still a thing. I know that back in the day of VHS, before the internet was commonplace, it would have been easy for someone to mistake a fake movie for the real deal. But now? It's quite easy to determine that an obviously fake movie is fake.

So I don't get it. Why are these movies still being made? How are they being distributed on streaming services? How are they even being distributed period without evoking lawsuits from Disney?

None of those questions are going to be answered today. Instead, we have one brave soul, I Hate Everything, reviewing--not one, not two, not three, but eight, count them--eight fake Disney movies, from NOT Frozen to NOT Tangled, in one epic review:

The video itself may be more than an hour long, which may be too much for one person to bear, but I can only feel sorry for IHE himself, who had to endure nearly 10 hours of watching these bad, bad movies. I pity the poor dude.



And in case you've managed to watch the video in its entirety, here's another video (by a different user) highlighting the best Disney movies to watch as a palette cleanser: