Nuggets of Wisdom

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Cop Fired For Not Shooting Man


I’m sure there are people who criticize me for not writing enough about police brutality. I’m sure there are also people who criticize me for covering police brutality period. (Because how dare I actually hold the people responsible for “serving and protecting us” accountable for their misdeeds? /s)

Believe me, if I were to write a blog post for every single instance of a cop killing an unarmed person, my blog could be renamed The Free Thought Project. Of course, the hardest part is finding new and creative ways to say, “This was messed up. This shouldn’t have happened. Seriously, when are we going to see some real police reform in this Celestia-forsaken country?!?!”

So how refreshing is it when we actually have good news about a police officer NOT shooting someone, even when they have a gun?

After responding to a report of a domestic incident on May 6 in Weirton, W.Va., then-Weirton police officer Stephen Mader found himself confronting an armed man.

Immediately, the training he had undergone as a Marine to look at “the whole person” in deciding if someone was a terrorist, as well as his situational police academy training, kicked in and he did not shoot.

“I saw then he had a gun, but it was not pointed at me,” Mr. Mader recalled, noting the silver handgun was in the man’s right hand, hanging at his side and pointed at the ground.

Mr. Mader, who was standing behind Mr. Williams’ car parked on the street, said he then “began to use my calm voice.”

“I told him, ‘Put down the gun,’ and he’s like, ‘Just shoot me.’ And I told him, ‘I’m not going to shoot you brother.’ Then he starts flicking his wrist to get me to react to it.

“I thought I was going to be able to talk to him and deescalate it. I knew it was a suicide-by-cop” situation.
Take it for a former Marine to know the best method by which to deescalate a situation such as this. Clearly, this cop deserves a medal, and he would have one in a sane world.

Sadly, we don’t live in a sane world. We live in pants-on-head-full-retard world where Trump and Hillary are our two presidential "options", and such a world can never be a sane world.

So what happened to this cop in our pants-on-head-full-retard world?

Two cops arrived on the scene, shot the man with a gun (later discovered to be unloaded), and accused the cop of putting them in danger.

That cop was later fired.


How reprehensible is our criminal justice system when cops routinely shoot unarmed people dead and yet manage to keep their job while the one cop who managed not to shoot a man loses his?

Seriously. F***. The. Police.