Nuggets of Wisdom

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Love People. Hate The State.


I don't hate cops. I hate a corrupt criminal justice system that allows police officers to kill unarmed citizens with impunity and that imprisons otherwise innocent people for victimless crimes.

I don't hate soldiers. I hate the horror of war that terrorizes the most politically & economically vulnerable among us.

I don't hate teachers. I hate an education system that care less about educating the future generation and more about indoctrinating them into being complacent, obedient servants.

I don't hate the poor. I hate an economic system and welfare state that keeps the poor in poverty and prevents them from making a better living for themselves.

It is precisely because of my love for humanity that I get enraged at unjust systems that prevent people from flourishing and being free.

It's frustrating to see my righteous anger at unjust systems as hatred for individuals, but it's more frustrating to see the oppressed suffer while those maladjusted to injustice remain silent.

I won't be silent. Silence is compliance!